Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My mom always said "it hurts me more than it hurts you"







My mom always said "it hurts me more than it hurts you" and I thought she was just saying that, but it's true! Today was Evan's 2mth. check up and it was time for his first set of shots. Ty met me because I have a hard time watching it and I wanted him to be beside Evan. Since Evan doesn't cry much, it was awful when he got the shots. He let out this huge cry and it was the most pitiful sound in the world. Of course, I began to cry and I felt so bad for him. I let him nurse as soon as the nurse left and he immediately stopped crying. He then passed out and slept for a while. He was more cranky tonight than he has ever been and he cried on/off. I know he needs the shots, but it is awful to see your baby in pain.






I can't believe he is 2 mths. old! He had a great check up and he is doing well. He weighed 14lb. 7oz. and he was 23 inches long. Dr. Weed asked if we thought he would be this big and I told him about Noah's weight at 2 mths. and he said "oh I guess you did! Noah was 15lb. 1oz. and 24 in. at his 2 mth, so there is a little difference in their sizes. I compare them so much in looks, weight, clothes, and it is so neat to see their similarities and differences.






Today we watched the inauguration and I wrote down what the boys were doing in case they ever asked about it. I was nursing Evan as President Obama was sworn in and Noah was mashing his leftover eggo into the floor with his toes! I was yelling at him to stop and I could not get up because Evan was eating so he ran, jumped on the couch, pretended to hide under the pillows and rubbed his yucky snot on the red pillow! Just another day with boys!



2 comments:

Gina said...

So many things mom has said that makes since now, huh??!! I would love to be a fly on the wall at your house sometimes to get a laugh! I know you are dreading coming back to work, but I am ready for you to be there! Enjoy your last 2 weeks!

Paula said...

LOL-Sorry but I love that Noah was smooshing his eggo into the floor...bc at least mine isnt the only one doing it!
Oh and I hate shots too! For Tucker's first shots, I took Brad's sister with me for *support* and SHE was the one who ended up crying!
Love the pics of Evan:)