Saturday, September 20, 2008

Doing well!





Well, I passed my glucose test and I was soooo glad. I thought I would, but the thought of not getting to eat sweets/carbs the next 8 weeks really scared me! The nurse told me that I did so much better on the test where I had to eat a high carb diet than on the first test. I told her that my body goes into shock when I can only eat protein and I think that's why I failed!

Noah and I went to Target the other night and bought way too much Halloween candy and Evan has really enjoyed it! Noah ate powdered donuts in the cart while I shopped and he was covered in white powder, but he was quiet and stayed in the cart instead of me carrying him and pulling the cart, which is what usually happens on our trips. He had his 2 year old pics today and he was wild! I said he was awful earlier and I feel bad, he was acting like a two year old and the pics were during his nap time. He did ok and she got some good pics, but he was sooo busy and did not stay in one place for any period of time. We went to Fowler and Katie's to watch the Hogs today and he was wild. He was into everything and cranky. I remember watching another child before I had kids and thinking my kid will never be that wild/act up and I am eating my thoughts/words! Noah is so busy all the time and he touches everything. He is sooo much fun, but he really keeps us busy. He has no fear and he jumps from the top of his new swing set and grabs the monkey bars!

Overall, we are all doing well. I go to the Dr. on Tuesday and then I go again in two weeks and then it starts every week! I can't believe he is almost here. It still doesn't feel real because we are so busy with Noah. Ty and Nate finished the molding in Evan's room and it looks great. We have got to finish painting the molding and then we can finish Evan's room. Ty has been doing well the past 4 days and we don't know if the increase in meds is helping him or prayers answered, but right now he is doing well. He goes back to the doctor in October and we will see what we need to do with his meds. Fortunately, everyone is well now and we are just getting ready for Evan!

2 comments:

Sara said...

I just LOVE that picture of the crocs in the fridge door!

Paula said...

I love the pics-priceless! I too have to remind myself OFTEN that the boys ARE 2 and 3 years old...and all this "craziness" is part of their development...in other words, you are not alone!