Saturday, May 24, 2008

Rough Week!





I said I was going to do better with keeping the blog up, but things have been crazy again and I have not had time. Last Wednesday Noah began running fever and he continued to run fever through the night and all day Thursday. My mom came to stay with me because Ty left for New York on Thursday to visit Jordan Hix. Noah also had a wheezing sound in his chest and Thursday night my dad came to stay too, however Noah tried to play with Pop, but he just felt too bad. We had to take him to the ER ( I called my friend Gina freaking out and she recommended that I go on to Saline because the Children's clinic was closed) on Thursday night about 11:00 due to his breathing and it was horrible. We had a good experience at the hospital, however I was a wreck and if it wasn't for my parents I don't know what I would have done.

Noah was diagnosed with the Croup. What is croup?
Croup is a common respiratory problem in young children. Its main symptom is a harsh, barking cough. Croup causes swelling and narrowing in the voice box, windpipe, and breathing tubes that lead to the lungs. This can make it harder for your child to breathe.

Needless to say, I had never heard of croup. Noah had 103 fever when we got there and they gave him an IV, which was horrible for him. They also monitored his oxygen and they had to wrap a wire around his toe because his foot was too big for the bandage! He finally passed out and received some breathing treatments. They told us to stay over night. I slept with Noah and Momma slept in a chair. He would not let me out of his sight, I had to go to the restroom 3x's and he screamed each time. We finally got to go home on Friday afternoon about 4:00. Myra "Mimi" brought Noah a milkshake and she got him to drink some and eat some goldfish. We were all so glad to go home. We had a few visitors and several phone calls at the hospital. Gina came to the ER and it was so sweet of her. Mimi came to visit and stay with us and Noah's Bet Bet came to visit.

Noah is doing much better and he still sounds congested, but he is so much better.
Noah has been wanting to play outside all week and we finally went outside on Thursday and Friday. He played in the water and had a blast!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor Noah and poor you! I'm glad he's feeling better. There's nothing scarier than having to take a sick baby to the ER.
Take care of yourself, too!